2 cups(500 ml) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup(60 ml) lavender sugar (see tip at bottom)
1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
1/3 cup (75 ml) non-hydrogenated margarine
1 egg. beaten
1/2 cup (125 ml) 2% milk
2 tsp (10 ml) lemon extract
1 tbsp (15 ml) dried lavender buds (optional)
1 cup (250 ml) icing sugar
2 1/2 to 3 tbsp (22-45 ml) 2% milk
2 tsp (10 ml) non-hydrogenated margarine
1 tsp (5 ml) lemon extract
Tips: To amke lavendar sugar, combine 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar and 2 tbsp (30 ml)
dried culinary lavendar (make sure it has'nt been sprayed or treated). Place in an airtight container and store at room temporature for 2 weeks, shaking the container occasionally to distribute the lavenderand infuse the flavor. Before use, strain the sugar to remove the lavender.
For the most even baking bake one sheet at a time. If you do bake both sheets at once,
place onein the upper third of the oven and one in the lower third.
Switch their positions halfway through.
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C):namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, lavender sugar and baking power.
Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk and lemon extract.
Pour over flour mixture and stir just until a stiff dough forms (do not over mix).
3. Drop 1 tablespoonful (15 ml) about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking
sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
4. Frosting: In small bowl, combine icing sugar, milk, margarine and lemon extract to form a smooth, thin frosting.
5. Drizzle frosting over cooled cookies and sprinkle with lavender buds (if using).